Migrating a Flow Instance
This technote walks through Backing up and Restoring a Flow instance. It covers both Flow-only migrations as well as Flow and Flow Instance migration. An assumption is that the required prerequisites have been installed on the new server/s.
- Undeploy the platform.
2. If you are using a new SQL Server:
a. Back up the database and take it offline from the SQL server.
b. Restore the database on the new SQL server.
c. Follow the installation guide to install Flow on the new server.
d. Open the Flow Config Tool and connect to the instance, which is now on the new SQL server.
3. If you are using an existing SQL Server:
a. Follow the installation guide to install Flow on the new server.
b. Open the Flow Config Tool and connect to the existing instance.
4. Change the Platform name to match the new server.
5. Please send us the license details so that we can generate a license key. The license tool can be found in the License section of the Help menu.
6. You can use the Test button to confirm that you still have connectivity to your data sources and consumers while waiting for the license key.
7. Once the license key is updated, deploy the platform. Monitor the Flow Application Logs from the Windows Event Viewer to check for error and warnings.