Wrapping Up 2021
We hope you have a long list of success stories and learnings to reflect on as we close out 2021. And like us, you’re looking forward to a well-deserved break!
This year has again been disruptive. We realise that we rarely have complete control over significant issues. But the way we interact with each other as a community, the extra effort every day, adds up to create our best path forward.
It’s worth taking a second to think about people who are doing more than expected, more than they have to do.
We’re filled with gratitude for an incredible system integrator community. Who figured out how to pivot quickly, serving our customers in new and powerful ways. Resilient customers who quietly do what they said they would do. Unseen heroes who continue innovating while protecting the jobs of their teams. We’re grateful for access to information and technology that was unavailable just 30 years ago. Allowing choices, a path to short-term value, and long-term thinking and excellence.
Here are some of our highlights and valuable learnings from 2021:
- We’re proud to highlight the exceptional work of the three top-selling integrator partners for 2021: Advansys, INTEG System Integrators and Next Integration.
- Training numbers have nearly doubled. And many partners have progressed from Credentialed to Gold Certified. Including new Cirrus Link IIoT and Sepasoft MES Certifications. Inductive University added new elective design modules, and Canary introduced Project Bootcamp and Coaching to the popular Canary Academy. Check out the 2022 training calendar, now featuring more Cape Town and Durban training.
- The 2021 Ignition Community Conference marked Inductive Automation’s second virtual conference. This year was the ninth ICC and the largest ever by far. You can still watch it on-demand; just register here. And catch up on the exciting keynotes and success stories. Including Clover’s journey to flexibility and scalability. And how Oudtshoorn municipality is evolving water operation’s edge with MQTT.
- Canary announced it has become the historian solution of choice for The Smart Factory @ Wichita, Deloitte’s new Industry 4.0 immersive experience centre. On a recent roadshow with Jeff Knepper, we spent time with our community in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Exploring industrial databases and showcasing exciting new features and value in this space.
- We’ve learnt that “data to value” is a reoccurring theme. And not all data is valuable. Our Flow learning series with partners explored cleaning and contextualising large quantities of data to provide actionable information. You can follow the conversations here.
- We love community stories. The Human and Machine podcast has evolved into a valuable sharing platform. While you’re enjoying a quiet moment, catch up on conversations with Walker Reynolds on the Unified Namespace, Arlen Nipper sharing the history of MQTT and Devendree Ankiah on the impact of women in engineering. And more.
- While we all agree that value and empowered people should be the outcomes of any project, large or small, technology is an incredible enabler. The release of Ignition 22.214.171.124, Canary 21.4.1, Sepasoft MES Platform 3.0 and Flow 5.4 continue the drive to add features and value at a fair price. With much more expected in 2022!
Element8 will be closed from 28 December 2021. Set and ready to start on 3 January 2022. Thank you for being a part of our community. As Tiny Dragon said to Big Panda, the company is more important than the journey or the destination.
Have a relaxing festive season, and stay safe!
The Element8 Team